Hidden Monsters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ihmisten edessä.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Finland

Former Finland

ihmisten edessä. Empty
PostSubject: ihmisten edessä.   ihmisten edessä. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:45 pm

There was one thing Tino hated above all other things-- more than traffic, more than Russians, more than those horrible storms that kept him wide awake and under his bed at night.
    And he didn't hate many things, at least not without good reason (and there is never not a good reason to hate a Russian, in his opinion).

But he just couldn't stand being alone.

The Finn was the sort of person who needed people around him at all times, even though he'd never admit such a thing out loud, because he hated being that needy friend that everyone gets tired of immediately. Solitary time was nice, everybody needed thinking space. But no one wants to be abandoned.

And he was no exception.
    He wouldn't call it a fear so much as a primal need for attachment, or whatever scientific term Estonia had used to lay it bare for him. Surely everyone had that.

However, walking these empty streets was starting to rapidly turn it into a phobia. He hadn't come across anyone since he'd come out of his closet (haha, very funny) and it was getting less unnerving than to the point of utter nightmare fuel. It had to be a nightmare, right? This was a bit overboard for any practical joke. But no matter how many times he'd pinched himself, he couldn't wake up. Perhaps he was in some sort of coma in real life, though whatever would have caused it was beyond him.

Whatever the case, he was all by himself and for the first time in a long time genuinely scared-- keeping on a straight path on the sidewalk, kicking up dust with the toes of his boots, hands in his pockets as he tried to look nonchalant. Whether or not he was really truly alone, he wasn't going to show any weakness out of paranoia. It didn't mean he could be off guard, considering he didn't know his surroundings in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Møller

Sebastian Møller

ihmisten edessä. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ihmisten edessä.   ihmisten edessä. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:54 pm

Sebastian had soon left his tree--well not technically his tree, but he woke up in it--and split off from Toris. He decided it would be best to split up and possibly cover more ground then if they traveled together.

The streets were too quiet for the Dane's tastes and every now and then he found himself peeking over his shoulder. He knew it was silly, but he couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched; even if he wasn't being watched. His mind liked to play tricks on him sometimes and this time was no different.

Denmark took careful steps down the empty street, not having to fear getting hit by a car, unless of course one decided to pop up out of no where and pay him a surprise visit. Hands were at the back of his head, clasping each other in a comfortable way. Sebastian wondered if he would run into any of the others, and speak of the devil. If he squinted, he could see a stray form on the sidewalk a ways away. At first he just continued to walk forward, but when the was able to tell who it was, his sapphire eyes widened a good bit as he shot off into a run.

"Tino!"
Back to top Go down
Former Finland

Former Finland

ihmisten edessä. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ihmisten edessä.   ihmisten edessä. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:50 pm

He wasn't the type to check continuously over his shoulder no matter how apprehensive he was, but the Finn still kept highly aware of his surroundings, sharp violet eyes usually darting in several directions after every several steps. It wasn't like he wouldn't hear anything that came after him either, as dead silent as it was. You could literally hear a pin drop.

However, he paused and hesitated mid-step the moment he saw a tall figure coming toward him. He raised a hand to shift his beret just enough to keep any shadow out of his eyes, but almost as soon as he had done so the figure was suddenly running toward him at an alarming rate.

Shouting his name.

Instead of the euphoria of relief he probably should have felt, Tino panicked and immediately started patting himself down for some sort of concealed weapon, resurfacing with his switchblade.
    But after thrusting it out in front of him defensively, he regretted it, seeing the figure was not some crazed killer but Denmark (they could be the same thing to anyone else, though).

He lowered the knife sheepishly, but still held it forward just in case-- he was, after all, still under the impression that this was some nightmare.
    "S-Sebastian, you scared me." he breathed, remaining in his position.
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Møller

Sebastian Møller

ihmisten edessä. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ihmisten edessä.   ihmisten edessä. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:21 am

As he approached the Finn, he couldn't help but take noticed the the switchblade in his hands, immediately making him stop when he was in close range. His hands came up some in slight defense--palms facing forward as digits were straight and clamped against each other. The Dane's shoulder scrunched up some as his brows furrowed.

"Woah, woah, buddy." Sebastian cautiously watched him until it was lowered. At the admittance that he had apparently scared Tino, his shoulders sagged as he took a step forward, hands still up and facing the other.

"I'm sorry Tino," he said with a slight grin. "This place is just weird so when I saw you, I got a bit excited." Denmark let out a light laugh, amused with himself some as he then lowered his hands to his sides. "Have you seen anyone else? I saw Lithuania when I was climbing out of my tree." Oh yes, he owned that tree now.
Back to top Go down
Former Finland

Former Finland

ihmisten edessä. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ihmisten edessä.   ihmisten edessä. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Rather than immediately lower his guard even with the Dane's reassurance, Tino kept his defensive stance, watching the other's every movement very closely. Although his conscious repeatedly nagged that not even a bad dream could mimic typical Sebastian this well, one could never be too careful.

He blinked, cocking his head just slightly, finding that last bit interesting. Toris, too? That was a little more comforting.
"Really? Liettua's here too?" he asked, shoulders relaxing considerably, though the three of them seemed to be such a random placement. He started to wonder about Berwald and Eduard, and Peter especially, even if he couldn't really see why they'd be here.

"...I haven't seen anyone myself, no..." the Finn frowned, leaving his knife at one side as he took a cautious step toward the other blond. His free hand reached up as he stood on his toes and started patting and prodding at Sebastian's face, eyes curious. "S-so, you're real, right? I'm not dreaming?"
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Møller

Sebastian Møller

ihmisten edessä. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ihmisten edessä.   ihmisten edessä. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:18 pm

Denmark wasn't at all surprised when the other hadn't dropped his stance. Hell, he probably would be doing the same thing as the smaller male if he were in his position. But he had to wonder what was going on in the Finn's head at the moment. Did he think this was a dream?

He quickly nodded his head, "Yeah, but he hadn't seen anyone before running into me. I wonder if the others are here." Sebastian then let out a disgruntled sound, akin to a grunt of some sort. "This is all just fucking weird, man," he commented off handedly, lifting a hand to run it through his hair.

"Well that's no good." Denmark was getting frustrated with all this, digging his heel into the ground until Finland started patting and prodding his face. He raised a brow, looking down at the other. "Of course I'm real! I'm just glad I found another Nordic.."
Back to top Go down
Former Finland

Former Finland

ihmisten edessä. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ihmisten edessä.   ihmisten edessä. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:11 pm

The Finn was, of course, still keeping a wary eye around them, especially now he knew the possibility of other nations being present. Now hopefulness outweighed cautiousness, but there was still doubt in the back of his mind.

He listened to Sebastian with patience, nodding in agreement, though not exactly with his choice of language. Soon he decided he was comfortable enough with the other to pocket his switchblade again, but kept it in a closer placement just in case.

Smiling, Tino kept a hand on the other blond's face as his mood brightened just listening to him talk, nodding again a bit eagerly.
"Y-yeah. I'm glad I found anyone at all, to be honest. It being you is just a bonus." Hesitantly, he then latched onto the Dane's waist in a tight, almost possessive hug. Despite being happy to see a close friend, he felt himself starting to tremble just slightly, and he was sure he was rambling aside from that. "I was starting to freak out, you know? I-I think I still am. I was terrified. Luojan kiitos that someone else is here."
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Møller

Sebastian Møller

ihmisten edessä. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ihmisten edessä.   ihmisten edessä. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:24 pm

He was a bit thankful that Finland put the switchblade away finally, not that he was uneasy around it. He just didn't want the other doing anything he would regret. Denmark was confident that he would be able to do something if something came for them; he was sure of that much.

Sebastian watched as Tino wrapped his arms around his waist, and even felt him tremble. He hated seeing Finland like this, even when there was nothing that he could do, but he always made the best of it. Almost immediately after he felt the other's trembling, the Dane moved his own arms around the Finn, hugging back reassuringly. He leaned his head down some, pressing his cheek against the side of the smaller male's head.

"Bare rolig, vil vi finde de andre," he hummed soothingly as he rubbed Finland's back. "No need to freak out anymore, ja?"
Back to top Go down
Former Finland

Former Finland

ihmisten edessä. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ihmisten edessä.   ihmisten edessä. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:42 pm

And just like that, almost all of his fears were set at ease with one simple embrace.
It didn't take much to calm Finland down on the rare occasion that he did freak out, but something about a hug made any situation ten times better. Now, if only they even knew where they were.

His shaking ceased, but he was a little hesitant to let go just yet, even as intrusive as he felt. He knew his cheeks were probably quite red at that, the moment he felt the Dane's face so close to his, so he just sighed and waited it away while leaning heavily into the other's touch.

"Guess not... I definitely feel better now, though." Still unfortunately flustered, Tino pulled away only slightly so he could face Sebastian, subtly trying to match his height by standing on his toes. "I was so convinced I'd been buried alive or something. But what do we do now?"
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Møller

Sebastian Møller

ihmisten edessä. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ihmisten edessä.   ihmisten edessä. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:56 pm

Sebastian took note in how the smaller male's trembling ceased, his own worries disappearing, but he still felt a bit twitching knowing that the others could be anywhere in this town. It was in situations like this, that the Dane felt just as useless as everyone else probably did. He didn't show--wouldn't show it. He felt like it was a weakness, and he couldn't show weakness now, not in front of the Finn. Denmark had to be strong, he had to be able to reassure the other that everything was going to be okay.

When Finland pulled back from his hold, he did as well, but he kept one arm still firmly around the other. The other hand lifted to the back of his own head to rub at the back of it some. He couldn't help but chuckle as the small male tried to equal his height, but it didn't work that well.

"Where did you wake up at?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ihmisten edessä. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ihmisten edessä.   ihmisten edessä. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ihmisten edessä.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hidden Monsters :: Other Boards :: Old Threads-
Jump to: