Hidden Monsters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

That Damn Tree!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sebastian Møller

Sebastian Møller

That Damn Tree! Empty
PostSubject: That Damn Tree!   That Damn Tree! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:19 pm

The first thing that came to Denmark's mind when he was finally about to actually think, was 'Where's the bus that practically flattened me?'. That was honestly the only thing the Dane was thinking at the moment, and the only think he wanted to know; but that was until his body started getting feeling in it. Not even seconds after that, a groan ruptured past his lips, wondering why his abdomen felt really sore and still had pressure digging against it. The next the was the sudden lightheaded-ness, the feeling of blood pooling in his head.

The last thing he remembered was getting a letter for a meeting with the other nations, and going to attend it. Then that's when everything seemed to black out, until he tipped his head normal level. Eyes cracked open, ignoring the pressure building his head and no doubt the heat that radiated from his red face in waves. The first thing he saw: a tree trunk. Well that was enough the tell himself that the digging sensation in his gut was a tree branch.

Then the thought came to him. Why the hell was he in a tree, and where was he?

Finally grasping his surroundings in his mind, Sebastian moved his arms up, planting his hands against the tree branch in order to successfully haul himself in an up right position. He turned his head to stare out of the tree; having the moment to stare at the place he was. There wasn't a lot, but right now he wanted to get out of this tree. He wasn't high up in it, but still a ways up, and it's a good thing there were plenty of branches below him to give him the chance to get down.

So he started his descent, slow and steady at first but as he reached the bottom, he was more then ready to be done with that damn tree. If there was ever a point in his life where he starts feeling hatred towards trees, this will be his excuse. And poor Denmark wasn't even paying attention as he neared the ground. He expected there to be another branch for him to place his foot against, but there was nothing. So he fell, as graceful as he could manage, landing on his hind end.

"Damnit," he hissed, pushing himself off the ground in order to rub his--most likely bruised--rump. Now he looked around. Yeah, where the hell was he. He wanted to know! The suspense was practically killing him.

Denmark lifted his hands to cup around his mouth. "Anyone there?" He called out, loudly.
Back to top Go down
Former Lithuania

Former Lithuania

That Damn Tree! Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Damn Tree!   That Damn Tree! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 7:08 pm

Toris's frantic dashing had carried him far from the point at which he'd started; he was now in what appeared to be a pleasant neighborhood, the sort that one wouldn't expect to see in a city. As he took this in, he realized something: there still was noone to be seen, heard; not even a presence to feel, anywhere. And there hadn't been any along the way, either; he'd had his eyes and ears peeled for any sight of Feliks. He supposed that in his fear, he may have missed something, but now he was in complete control of himself he realized that the entire part of the city he'd traveled through had been completely lifeless.

His pace now at a brisk walk, the brunette began to wonder what was going on. This seemed to be a fairly large city, the kind that you would expect to be overflowing with all types of activity and people. But it was apparrently the stark opposite of this. The quetion was....Why? It didn't have the rotted, dead feel of a ghost town; 'Heck,' he thought, 'It looks as if people just...got up and left.' This idea sent an ominous feeling through his mind; What reason could there be for an entire city's population to leave?

As he thought of this, he heard a voice. Eyes widened and darted around, trying to locate the source. He finally spotted a familiar figure standing at the foot of a fairly large tree; Sebastian? He felt a wave of reliefwash over him; there were others! And if Sebastian was here, maybe he could find the others, and find out what was gonig on...

"Sebastian!" he called, jogging toward the silver-haired man. "Sebastian, it's me, Toris!"
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Møller

Sebastian Møller

That Damn Tree! Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Damn Tree!   That Damn Tree! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:19 pm

In each direction Denmark looked, there was no one. No one. If this wasn't creepy, he didn't know what. This reminded him of one of those games Japan had. Barren city, only a few survivors of a zombie virus that spread. You had to kill those damn zombies left and right and if one infected you, then it was game over. This could quite possibly be like that. He was by no means getting paranoid, but.. it was too quiet!

He rubbed his stomach some as he leaned over to pick up his hat before shoving it in his pocket. The sudden voice caused him to jump, but he quickly turned, trying to play it off as he spotted the person. Sapphire eyes blinked wildly as he watched the approaching figure.

"Toris?" A grin cracked on his face, "Hey man." Well at least he wasn't the only one here. Were the others here as well, or were Toris and him the lucky winners of something that he didn't know about? Either way he was glad to see someone else. But that dire feeling was still in his gut, thought he tried to tell himself it was the tree's fault.

"Have you seen anyone else? We have to move from here before they try to ambush us and eat our flesh.." Okay, so he couldn't stop himself from blabbering about some zombie apocalypse. Because he didn't have his axe, and he didn't want to get infected.

Then he stilled himself, as though getting a hold of himself which was a very good thing. "Ignore what I just said.."
Back to top Go down
Former Lithuania

Former Lithuania

That Damn Tree! Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Damn Tree!   That Damn Tree! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:47 am

Toris laughed weakly at the blue-eyed man's bad joke, partially in hope that it was a joke. 'You're so stupid,' he scolded himself. 'For beieving him for a second there...' He really hated himself in situations like this for being so uptight; every time without fail, he worried himself sick. Rendered himself completely useless, nothing but a burden...he didn't want that to happen now, in this abandoned city that practically reeked of suspicion.

He blinked once or twice, then answered Sebastian, "I haven't seen anyone else, anywhere...I was running for a while, nobody's even in the houses or walking around...It's really strange."

As he smiled softly at the Dane, thoughts swirled in the brunette's head. So he hasn't seen anyone else either, I guess, Toris thought. Does that mean it's just us? But...why would it be just Sebastian and I? That doesn't make sense...but then again, neither does anything I've seen so far...

"Sebastian?" he asked, voicing his current concern. "Do you have any idea how you got here? Or what this place is?"
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Møller

Sebastian Møller

That Damn Tree! Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Damn Tree!   That Damn Tree! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:47 am

Sebastian lifted a hand, rubbing the back of his head as he gave his surroundings another sweep with his eyes. Many things were mulled over in his head as he moved his hands to place them on his hips, tipping to the side to put more pressure on his left leg. He didn't like this. This ominous feelings that wanted to course through his blood stream. It was foreboding and he didn't like it one bit. He wondered if the other Nordics were all right, only after he knows that will he start worrying about everyone else.

"It is strange. I have no idea where this is, and no, no I don't." He said, then lifted a hand from his hip to motion to the tree to his side. "You see this tree. Yeah, well I woke up in it. Who wakes up in a tree? I don't even know how I got in the tree. I don't even remember drinking after I got the letter for the meeting." He wanted to punch the tree, but knew better then to. It wouldn't help their situation one bit.

"The last thing I remember was going to one of the meetings. That's all." He then looked back to Toris. "Where do you come from?" Denmark glanced in the direction that the Baltic came from.
Back to top Go down
Former Lithuania

Former Lithuania

That Damn Tree! Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Damn Tree!   That Damn Tree! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:04 pm

Toris felt a small grin spread across his thin face as he caught the similarities between his and Sebastian's experiences. At least he wasn't alone, in more ways than one. "See, I'm having the same problem." he explained. "The last thing I remember, I was outside this strange building in a seedy-looking town, because of that letter...then I woke up in a storage room a ways away." He waved his arm in the direction from which he'd came. "I think it was a convenience store or something, since there were medications and stuff like food. I found my way out, and ran here." He gestured to the area they were situated in. He carefully left out the part about getting scared silly, not wanting to embarass himself in front of the more masculine nation.

"What do you think we should do? Do you...want to get moving, like you said before? Look for the other Baltics, or the Nordics, or Feliks?" He asked, swaying back and forth slightly while slipping his hands into his khakis'pockets and tweaking the the loose strings inside of them out of force of habit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

That Damn Tree! Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Damn Tree!   That Damn Tree! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That Damn Tree!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hidden Monsters :: The Streets-
Jump to: