Hidden Monsters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Restaurant

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ludwig Beilschmidt

Ludwig Beilschmidt

The Restaurant Empty
PostSubject: The Restaurant   The Restaurant Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:17 pm

[The first part of this is just copy pasted from my application]

Ludwig groaned and blinked, he peered into the darkness wondering where he was. He pushed himself up off the filthy floor and grimaced at the feel.

"Hello!" He called out "Is anybody here?"

There was no answer, he looked around and realised that he was in very, very dirty public toilet.

“How the did I get here?” He muttered out loud, the last thing he recalled was that he was on his way to attend a World Conference meeting after that, nothing. Did he get drunk? He looked down at his hands and groaned when he saw that he was covered in whatever filth was on the floor. Ludwig tried not to think about what his hands and clothes were currently coated in and made his way to the sinks. He turned a tap but no water came out. Ludwig just sighed and instead walked over to the door, he’d just have to find somewhere else to clean off, he also made a note to find the cleaning staff.
He turned the doorknob but the door would not open, he tried again this time in the opposite direction, but no luck. He was locked in.

"Damn it!" Ludwig shouted, he tried to kick the door but all it did was clatter. Ludwig then noticed that there was a keyhole so he bent down in order to see what was on the other side. He could just make out what looked like a restrauant, he hoped that meant there might be people nearby.

"Hey!" he cried out while banging on the door with his fists "Is anyone there? I'm locked in here!"
Back to top Go down
Vash Zwingli

Vash Zwingli

The Restaurant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Restaurant   The Restaurant Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:04 pm

Vash was running, from what, he wasn't even sure. He kept cursing under his breath and shooting behind him when he saw something moving. He had to get somewhere fast, somewhere inside that was at least somewhat safe. He slipped into the nearest building he saw and slammed the door shut. A moment of looking out the window to see if it had followed him. Nothing, he lost it. But he had also lost Kiku, separated by whatever had attacked them. He promised he would go back and find him but for now he had to get his bearings and remember the way back to the grocery store. He wasn't able to stock up on all he wanted to.

With a sigh Vash strapped his rifle back to his back and walked down the hall, assuming he was safe in here. But then he heard a banging noise and he was immediately on-edge again. He took a pistol from his belt and shot in the direction of the noise. He put a hole through the door, but had no idea that on the other side it had just barely missed Ludwig's side.
Back to top Go down
Ludwig Beilschmidt

Ludwig Beilschmidt

The Restaurant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Restaurant   The Restaurant Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:25 pm

Ludwig had heard someone come into the building, he started up his banging on the door again, hoping that whoever had come in would notice him. Instead of help however, there was a loud gunshot and he felt something whiz close by his side.

Ludwig looked nervously at the bullet hole that was now left on the door. Did...did someone just try to kill him? He peered quickly through the keyhole again. It was Vash, he realised, that would explain the guns.

"Vash" he called out "It's me Ludwig! Don't shoot! Please!"

Back to top Go down
Vash Zwingli

Vash Zwingli

The Restaurant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Restaurant   The Restaurant Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:31 pm

Vash heard the voice of Ludwig but there was no way he could trust everything. Just as he did with Kiku before he needed to make sure it was really his ally. With his gun still pointed to the door he started to ask questions. Any wrong answer and whatever was on the other side of that door would get a bullet through the chest. "I need to make sure you're really who you say you are," he explained, keeping his voice calm. "I can't trust anything in this town, I'm sure you understand." He took out the letter that summoned him to the world meeting and started with his questions.

"How did you get here? What does your letter say? What is my full name?" Vash waited, one hand holding his letter and the other keeping the pistol trained on the door. Ludwig was like him, he knew he'd understand why he was doing this. In a survival, almost war-like situation, no one could be trusted out-right without proof.
Back to top Go down
Ludwig Beilschmidt

Ludwig Beilschmidt

The Restaurant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Restaurant   The Restaurant Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:43 pm

What on earth was going on that had gotten Vash so cautious? Something strange was defiently going on. Were they all in danger? So was he locked in here deliberatly? It made sense, no matter how drunk he got he would have still recalled drinking at one point.

"I don't know how I got here" Ludwig replied "I don't remember much. The last thing I recall I was walking towards the meeting place. The letter said to meet here for a World Conference meeting and your full name is Vash Zwingli"

Ludwig hoped that would be enough to satisfy Vash

Back to top Go down
Vash Zwingli

Vash Zwingli

The Restaurant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Restaurant   The Restaurant Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Not remembering much was the sole excuse of an impostor. Things were already starting to look fishy with even the simplest of questions. But Vash didn't want to make the even greater mistake of shooting and killing a dear friend. And so, he decided to fire a warning shot at the top of the door where he was sure no human's head could reach. "I'm afraid those answers aren't good enough," Vash said harshly, but kept his breathing calm. He so desperately hoped it was really Ludwig, that he had someone else he knew to be with through the ordeal But he never knew. "What exactly does your letter say?" Anyone could have figured out his name with the right intelligence. Or supernatural ability. Hell, he believed anything was possible in that place.

Vash kept an eye out on the nearby window, however, making sure nothing could see them from the street. So far it looked as if the coast was clear, but a demon that attacked him earlier was too fast even for his trained eyes. Again, anything was possible. "You have until the count of ten to start reciting that letter word for word. If you don't I will assume you are an impostor and...and will not hesitate to kill you." It was a lie. Even if it was an impostor, if he looked and sounded like Ludwig there was no way he could shoot him without at least a moment's hesitation.
Back to top Go down
Ludwig Beilschmidt

Ludwig Beilschmidt

The Restaurant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Restaurant   The Restaurant Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:45 am

Ludwig looked up at the freshly made bullet hole on the top of the door. The letter word for word? Did he still have it on him? Ludwig frantically searched his pockets before finally finding, to his relief, that he did. He unfolded the paper and started to read;

“Dear Germany,

It’s that time of year again. Another World Conference meeting will be held one week from now and your attendance is mandatory. Like in previous meetings, you will be representing your country in front of the rest of the world, so come prepared. We ask all attendees of the conference to arrive a day in advance so they are prepared and well rested for their busy days ahead of them.

Enclosed is a map of the place where the meeting will be held. Please don't bring any unnecessary guests or you will be asked to leave the premises, which we of course don't want.

Sincerely,
The World Conference Team”

Ludwig shoved the letter back into his pocket, “See Vash? It’s me” He called through the door “What’s going on? Is everyone ok?”

He was worried, there was no way Vash would get so worked up if there wasn’t something dangerous going on. He hoped his brother wasn’t in trouble and Italy as well. If anyone would get into trouble it would be Feliciano.
Back to top Go down
Vash Zwingli

Vash Zwingli

The Restaurant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Restaurant   The Restaurant Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:11 pm

"Heh..." Vash gave a relieved smile. Hearing the crinkling of paper along with his reciting of the letter gave his words even more credibility. The worry in his voice was genuine. It was Ludwig. With a content sigh Vash strapped the rifle back to himself and looked to the door, his voice much more calm now. "I'm glad to see it's really you, Ludwig," he said, the relief even more obvious in his voice. But there was still underlying worry. He then reached for the doorknob and turned...or at least tried to. It wasn't locked, it was stuck! With a frustrated Vash tried both pushing and pulling to no avail. He then put one foot on the door frame to give himself more stability, but still nothing. "Dammit..."

Vash then reached into his boot and took out a knife, not surprising considering who it was. If the doorknob was useless anyway, why not take it off? He got down on his knees and started unscrewing the bolts of the knob, being careful not to cut himself. And in no time it fell off with a surprisingly loud thunk to the floor. The door could easily be swung open now with the stuck bolt missing.
Back to top Go down
Ludwig Beilschmidt

Ludwig Beilschmidt

The Restaurant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Restaurant   The Restaurant Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:34 pm

Ludwig sighed with relief, Vash finally believed him. He moved closer the door and called out to him "Good to hear from you too"

He heard a noise from behind the door, it sounded like Vash was doing something to the doorknob. After a few moments there was a clatter as it fell to the floor. Ludwig wondered whether this meant he could now open the door. He gave an experimental push and the door slowly swung open.

There was Vash, standing a little ways from the door, Ludwig waved hesitantly "Hello Vash" he said "Now can you tell me what's going on?"
Back to top Go down
Vash Zwingli

Vash Zwingli

The Restaurant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Restaurant   The Restaurant Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 4:19 pm

Vash put his knife away and stood up right before Ludwig opened the door. He looked like his usual self despite the circumstances. Standing straight with his hair and uniform looking neat, and that constant scowl on his face with the glare from his cat-like eyes to match. He gave Ludwig a quick, friendly salute before speaking. "Would you like to know here or while we walk?" he asked, glancing down the hall both ways. "In here would most likely be safer if you want to have a long conversation, but we can cover more ground and find more people if we keep moving."

Vash was clearly still on-edge, even if he didn't outwardly show it. Hell, he probably wasn't even aware of it himself. Either way he was clearly not reassuring Ludwig that everything was okay. But why sugar coat it? He was always blunt with the truth, whether it was good or bad. Unless it was his sister, of course. His sister...and once again he was reminded of his urgency to find her. "It would probably be better to tell you while we search for more people. Just keep a look out for anyone." 'Or anything,' his thoughts morbidly added.
Back to top Go down
Ludwig Beilschmidt

Ludwig Beilschmidt

The Restaurant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Restaurant   The Restaurant Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Ludwig nodded, Vash's suggestion made sense. The quicker they find everyone, the better.

"Ok" he said "Tell me on the way"

Ludwig grabbed chair and with some effort broke off one of the legs to use as a makeshift weapon. He then walked towards the exit and pushed open the door, he stepped through hesitantly and looked down both ways of the street. He looked back behind him and called out to Vash "It may be best if you lead the way, I don't know where you've checked already"
Back to top Go down
Vash Zwingli

Vash Zwingli

The Restaurant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Restaurant   The Restaurant Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Vash nodded and comfortably took the lead. He was used to being a leader, even if Ludwig was the one following this time. He always knew what to do in a pinch even when others were completely lost. He wasn't going to let Ludwig down like he did Kiku. He wondered if he could possibly still be running as Vash told him not to stop. Or maybe he met up with someone else? He would have to wait until later, unfortunately. Though Vash knew Kiku could take care of himself, especially with his katana be his side. The important thing at that moment - to Vash, at least - was finding his sister. And he was sure the most important to Ludwig was finding his brother.

And that was when Vash heard a very distinctive, low "chirp" if you can call it that. It came from around the corner of the building. Vash got Ludwig's attention and silently motioned for him to follow. He was still convinced the city could play tricks on the senses and wasn't trusting anything, just as before. He inched along the wall, making sure Ludwig was close behind, a hand on one of his pistols. Then in one swift movement he turned the corner and aimed at...nothing? Vash's brows furrowed as he let his gun down. Was he just hearing things? Perhaps something he wanted to hear?

But then there it was again. The same deep "chirp." "You hear that, too, ja?" he asked as he glanced back at Ludwig and hoped to God he wasn't already going crazy.
Back to top Go down
Ludwig Beilschmidt

Ludwig Beilschmidt

The Restaurant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Restaurant   The Restaurant Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 6:07 am

Ludwig gripped his chair leg when he heard the chirp sound for the second time. "Yes" he replied "I do hear it"

"Chirp"

There it was again, it sounded as though it was further down the street this time. Was whatever was making that noise trying to lead them somewhere?

Ludwig cautiously stepped in front of Vash and moved further down the street trying to see what was making that noise.

"Chirp!"

It sounded now as if it was just around that corner, Ludwig looked back at Vash and nodded for him to come closer, perhaps if they were quick they could ambush whatever was making that noise.
Back to top Go down
Vash Zwingli

Vash Zwingli

The Restaurant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Restaurant   The Restaurant Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 7:19 am

Vash moved with Ludwig, gripping his pistol tightly once again. The noise didn't sound like any of those monsters he ran in to before, but then again they were pretty much crappily put together chimera. They could probably make whatever the hell noise they wanted, even one that was as eerily familiar as the sound the two were hearing now. Why was it so familiar in the first place? Vash still wasn't able to put his finger on it. That was until he heard it one more time. It all clicked and he shook his head with a smirk, amused at himself.

"It's okay, Ludwig," he said with a sigh as he casually turned the corner. Nothing there, just as he expected. There was a pile of wooden debri to his left, however, and the chirping was louder, more frantic. "I believe we've found a friend, not an enemy." He crouched down and started to move the wood carefully, and as he did a small puff of yellow was starting to show. In no time it was all gone and the thing that was making the noise revealed. "Hello, Gilbird." The bird chirped once more as Vash picked him up. He looked him over to see if he had any wounds but he seemed okay. His worries were completely lifted when Gilbird flew from Vash's hand to Ludwig's shoulder, apparently preferring his master's big brother. "I suppose that means Gilbert is here, then. Shall we go look for him?"

With a reassuring smile Vash headed down the street, keeping a lookout for monsters and making sure he and Ludwig kept together.

[I think this is a good place to end it and go on to the next RP. How about you? :>]
Back to top Go down
Ludwig Beilschmidt

Ludwig Beilschmidt

The Restaurant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Restaurant   The Restaurant Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 9:03 am

[Yep, probably a good idea, oh and I won't be able to post again till Monday night , perhaps Sunday but probably Monday]
Back to top Go down
Ludwig Beilschmidt

Ludwig Beilschmidt

The Restaurant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Restaurant   The Restaurant Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:24 pm

(Just to make sure you know, I started a new thread in the streets section)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Restaurant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Restaurant   The Restaurant Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Restaurant
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hidden Monsters :: Other Areas-
Jump to: