Hidden Monsters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roderich Edelstein // Austria [accepted]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein // Austria [accepted] Empty
PostSubject: Roderich Edelstein // Austria [accepted]   Roderich Edelstein // Austria [accepted] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 1:32 pm

The Character

Name: Roderich Edelstein
Nation: Republic of Austria / Republik Österreich

Appearance:

Roderich Edelstein // Austria [accepted] Cfdscsds

Roderich appears to be an elegant and classy young man in his twenties. He has violet eyes and short brown, slightly layered hair, which he parts on the right side along with his bangs to add some visual volume to it. The one strand of hair that sticks out no matter what he does is supposed to represent Mariazell. He has a small mole next to his mouth and wears a pair of square black glasses even though he doesn't really need them since he's not lacking any eyesight but rather wears them because he otherwise would look plain. From that behavior you can get a first glimpse of his aristocratic attitude. He mostly dresses in very elegant clothes like expensive-looking suits and coats in dark colors, neat vests and white dress shirts, usually along with a white jabot around his neck. He isn't one of the muscular type and is build rather average, if not almost fragile by men standards, hence the nickname 'sissy boy' he's been given by certain other nations.

Personality:

Most people would describe Roderich Edelstein as a stuck up, snooty aristocrat who does nothing else but eat tortes and play his music all day. And while these two activities definitely count to his most favorite things to spend some free time, there is really much more to him than what his looks might give away. If you look behind the curtain you will notice really fast that his aristocratic behavior is much more a habit that's still stuck to him from centuries ago and he isn't able to fully get rid of.

Overall, he's a very well-mannered, polite young man who enjoys music and arts to a great extend, as well as cooking and baking, which he has a great talent for. Though he uses to spend more time with his hobbies rather than work, he is very efficient and accurate in performing his given tasks. In addition, Roderich is a quick thinker and quite intelligent, considering every step twice and always taking one step at a time, which can be an advantage as well as a disadvantage, depending on the situation. Given his low physical strength, he's not a very good fighter, though he will defend what's important to him by all means and as good as he can. Also, he has an awfully bad sense of direction, which often causes him more trouble than necessary.

Character-wise, he has a very calm nature and bears a lot of patience in most situations as well as with people. He'd rather ignore you than to openly pick up a fight, though as soon as he get's annoyed he will loose his temper rather quickly and will show his discomfort by throwing a harsh but still somewhat polite retort at you. He never forgets his good mannerism. Things that get him annoyed are incompetent, overly loud, chaotic or simply annoying people as well as people or things who keep him from an efficient way of working. Other than that, he's a nice person who is always open for a good talk and more than willingly to help others when they need it.

Strengths:

• Keeps a level head even in chaotic situations
• Very loyal to his companions
• Quite smart
• Very polite
• Cooking/Baking
• Music

Weaknesses:

• Looses his temper too quickly
• Is lazy and doesn't work more than he has to
• Bad fighter
• Very bad sense of direction
• Feels discomfort at the sea and is afraid of marine animals

Starting location:

On the floor of some grocery store, between the fruits and vegetable counters.

Sample RP post:

Well, this wasn't exactly what he had expected. At all. Roderich absently took another look at the map and the invitation that brought him here, his brain trying to figure out any possible mistake he could have made on the way. He wasn't quite sure if this monstrous building standing in front of him in the middle of nowhere was really supposed to be the place where today’s conference would be held. Usually these places were more inconspicuous, but still in a busy environment, but this was nothing but a skyscraper in what seemed to be an utterly deserted town.

The Austrian man sighed slightly, taking his glasses off and rubbing the bridge of his nose to calm down. Maybe he got lost again? It wouldn't surprise him, actually, he was infamous for his bad sense of direction after all, though it usually only occurred when he had no idea where his destination was. If he was provided with a map he normally should have no trouble findingt the place he was looking for and considering he HAD indeed been provided with a map, a very detailed one at that, this had to be the right spot, hadn't it? Then again, he didn't meet any of the other nations on his way here or any other human being to be exact. Perhaps he really got lost again. Another sigh escaped the young aristocrats lips. Now he wished he hadn't turned Ludwigs offer down to fetch him up and bring him along. He had to remember that for the future.

Slowly, he put on his glasses back on, looking around to observe the close proximity. There were houses, stores, companies, bus stops, even rails for trains, although no such devices could be seen anywhere. Altogether everything a city needed to function. Only that there wasn't a single person in sight. Roderich didn't pay much attention to his environment while walking because he had to concentrate on the map, but now that he took a closer look, the whole situation seemed highly suspicious to him. In addition, this place made him feel quite uncomfortable. He took another look at the map. Maybe he should just go in there and look for the conference room. There was still a small chance this was the right place after all and if not, he at least had a roof over his head and could calmly figure out a way to get to the conference or back to his home country. Yes, that definitely sounded like a plan.

Other Important Information:

People he doesn't get along very well because of various things that happened in the past are Vash and Gilbert. While the former ignores him most of the time and this behavior is mutual, the latter happens to be around and annoy him more often than Roderich wants him to. But despite his reluctance, he respects and cares deeply for both of them, although he would never openly admit that.
In addition, he's still on very good terms with Elizaveta, his former wife and an important friend to him, as well as with Ludwig, another valuable friend he cares for.

The Player

Name: Kuro
Timezone: GMT +1
MSN/AIM: kuroshii@freenet.de / Kuroikuroshii
About yourself: Well, not much to say I guess. I'm 21 years old, live in Germany and though I think my English is quite fluent, forgive me if I do any grammar mistake OTL
Did you read the rules?: My most favorite color is violet ^^

Last edited by Roderich Edelstein on Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Feliciano Vargas
Admin
Feliciano Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Roderich Edelstein // Austria [accepted]   Roderich Edelstein // Austria [accepted] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 6:38 pm

Ahhh I absolutely love your application! It is amazing~. I love everything you wrote about him. You are accepted for sure! Feel free to start posting~!
Back to top Go down
http://teamrocket.deviantart.com
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: Roderich Edelstein // Austria [accepted]   Roderich Edelstein // Austria [accepted] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:51 pm

Thank you very much *__* Also for the compliment, I really was nervous because it took me so long to finish the whole application x'D
Back to top Go down
Feliciano Vargas
Admin
Feliciano Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Roderich Edelstein // Austria [accepted]   Roderich Edelstein // Austria [accepted] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Aww don't worry about it! It is a super great app. c:
Back to top Go down
http://teamrocket.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roderich Edelstein // Austria [accepted]   Roderich Edelstein // Austria [accepted] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roderich Edelstein // Austria [accepted]
Page 1 of 1