Hidden Monsters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Canada Application//Matthew Williams

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matthew Williams

Matthew Williams

Canada Application//Matthew Williams Empty
PostSubject: Canada Application//Matthew Williams   Canada Application//Matthew Williams Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:40 pm

The Character

Name: Matthew Williams
Nation: Canada
Age: Human appearance: 19 (going off by America’s age, since they’re pretty much twins)
Actual nation age (since independence): 143 (became a country July 1, 1867)

Appearance: Matthew is usually mistaken for his brother, because they have the same facial structure. As France would say it, Matt has his “sexy French hair”, though it’s slightly shorter in length and appears to be lighter at the top, and a more orange-y colour near the bottom. A long curl springs from the top of his head. His shade of blonde is slightly different from his brother, and his eyes, though blue, are a little darker in colour to the point where it’s an indigo-blue. In his military uniform, he wears a heavy tan furred winter coat and pants, coupled with goggles. Casually, he’s usually seen sporting a red hoodie, sometimes with the Canadian maple leaf emblem on it, and jeans. Like Alfred, he also wears glasses. He’s around the same height as his brother, and though he’s not a huge superpower, he’s quite toned due to hockey. He’s always carrying a small polar bear around with him, even if the bear never remembers who Matthew is (“I’m Canada!”).

Personality: Overall, Matthew’s a shy, soft-spoken person, constantly overshadows by his larger-than-life older brother. He’s sensitive, hates fighting, and is generally modest. Even when he’s mad, his yelling barely goes above a whisper. Most nations either forget he exists, or they mistake him as Alfred, which leads to him getting in trouble many times for incidents America’s caused. Matt’s shy, but he’s a friendly person, if you can remember who he is. He likes cooking, especially making pancakes, and enjoys beer (even if he’s crap at holding his liquor). He loves maple syrup and is passionate about his beliefs (never insult hockey in front of him. Ever.)
But just because he’s not loud and in your face doesn’t mean Matt’s a little whiny pushover. He’s a strong nation that has proven he can fight, defend, and stand up for himself, such as in the case of the two world wars, where his troops were known as shock/storm troopers.

Strengths: Polite, easygoing, gentle, peaceful, patient, forgiving (for the most part)
Weaknesses: Invisible, a bit of a pushover/welcome mat, finds it hard to oppose people, shy, invisible, has a hard time voicing out his thoughts (or is it because no one hears him?), invisible.

Starting location: Classic shoved-in-the-closet, tied-and-gagged. In the janitor closet of a abandoned shell of a school.

Sample RP post: When Matthew first opened his eyes, all he saw was darkness. His head pounded in the way that usually only happens when his provinces are arguing, but Matt was fairly certain that wasn’t the case. Gently, he tested his arms and legs, only to find that they were immobilized. A bit more wiggling around told him that yes, he was tied up, and no, the bitter taste in his mouth was the glue of duct tape and not poison.
He could feel the thick cord of rope knotting around his arms and legs, but nothing else holding him down. As he blinked his eyes and adjusted them to the darkness, he could see blurry shapes, a bucket, a shelf, and the long thing handle of what looked to be a broom lying haphazardly nearby. Weakly, he tried to move his head, but an immediate wave of nausea washed over him, forcing him to lie back down and moan quietly in pain. It felt like someone had hit him over the head with a solid chunk of metal, and by the feel of half dried wetness down the side of his head, it was probably true.
Canada lay there, in the dark, waiting for his brain to stop spinning and the ill feeling in his stomach to subside. Finally, he inched and wormed his way into a kneeling position, tightening his muscles to attempt to pull himself up standing.
Another wave of nausea hit him and he nearly collapsed, legs trembling to hold his body weight. Was he drugged? He couldn’t remember. At least his glasses were still intact, from the slight weight he felt on the bridge of his nose.
A few minutes and multiple tests of the extent of his flexibility, Matthew managed to chew and rip his way through the duct tape plastered over his mouth, then tug and scrape his wrists out of their rope confinement. Ten minutes of fumbling around in the dark later, he raised his now freed arms above his head in a long deserved stretch and spat the taste of glue out of his mouth.
Matthew gave a small smile, thinking himself out of this confined space and reached to open the door keeping him in.
It was locked.
He jerked the doorknob, once, twice, then backed up, summoned into his reserves of energy, and gave the piece of wood a rushing kick, knocking it off its hinges partially so he could wrench it open and squeeze through.
Although, once Canada made his way outside into the what looked like an abandoned school hallway, he wasn’t sure if the outside was any better than staying back in the closet.

Other Important Information: Matt’s pretty passive-aggressive, mostly seen towards his brother. Once, he reduced Alfred to tears in a three hour-long rant, listing every single one of America’s faults. At hockey games, he’s vicious.
Mattie has a lot of patience, but even he’ll snap sometimes, and when that happens…it’s not pretty.

The Player

Name: Kira
Timezone: –8 Pacific GMT
MSN/AIM: I haven’t gone on MSN since...2006?
About yourself: I’m a shy person myself until people get to know me (then I start being creepy), so Matthew is tons of fun to RP. I do live in him, but I’ve also lived in Alfred before. Hmm...other than that, I’m quite boring.
Did you read the rules?: Yes~ My favourite colour is red.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Gilbert Beilschmidt

Canada Application//Matthew Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canada Application//Matthew Williams   Canada Application//Matthew Williams Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:41 pm

You are accepted!

Welcome to the forum~
Back to top Go down
http://crazyflyilngtoast.deviantart.com

Canada Application//Matthew Williams
Page 1 of 1