Hidden Monsters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tino Väinämöinen // Finland [Accepted]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Finland

Former Finland

Tino Väinämöinen // Finland [Accepted] Empty
PostSubject: Tino Väinämöinen // Finland [Accepted]   Tino Väinämöinen // Finland [Accepted] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 5:37 pm

The Character//

Name: Tino Väinämöinen

Nation: The Republic of Finland (Suomen tasavalta)

Appearance:

Tino Väinämöinen // Finland [Accepted] 2j9m2s

Finland is living proof that you should never judge a book by its cover-- though he looks small and delicate, he could easily floor someone twice his size without batting an eye or breaking a sweat. That he gives a first impression of fragility is something he uses to his advantage, but he absolutely hates being referred to as 'effeminate' in any way-- even if it's a little true. Why, with such soft skin and hair and wide, childish eyes, one would probably never think that there are actually a variety of rough battle scars hidden under his clothing.
    He won't be seen anywhere without his trademark white beret, and he usually has a knife hidden somewhere on his person. (self-defense, nothing shady, honestly!)

Personality:

For all his bloody history and painstaking hardships that the long life of a nation has put him through, Tino has managed to remain ever the optimist and is a master at patience. He's sensible and adultlike, keeping levelheaded in the most critical of situations, always trying to play the parental figure if he can get away with it. However, he still manages to keep in touch with his inner child-- very much so, with his passion for the holidays and love of bizarre festivals.

He makes good first impressions as he's always friendly and talkative (perhaps a bit too talkative), but always seems nervous and careful around those he cares for-- Tino's actually a lot shyer than he comes off as, and is full of insecurities that he'd rather not exploit. As big-hearted as he is, he never lets himself be too vulnerable, and sometimes may even play the hardass. However, get close enough to him and he'll show you a completely different, rowdier side of himself-- especially when he's drunk.
    (He is a famously violent drunk, which always comes as a shocker)

It's because of his gentle exterior that most won't believe he's much of a fighter, but when it comes to battle Finland is almost like a berserker, fierce and unafraid and using all his strength-- but he would never fight to kill, at least not intentionally. He values life as a precious thing, and no matter how 'necessary' a war may be it always takes emotional toll on him.

Sometimes it can seem like he's oblivious or has his head in the clouds, or that he's too innocent for his own good, but this isn't so; he just likes to think of himself as being 'selectively ignorant' in certain situations, especially the ones that would leave him otherwise embarrassed. He's also secretly a hopeless romantic.

Strengths:
    » physical strength
    » sniping marksmanship
    » deadly aim with generally anything (beer bottles especially)
    » Finnish sisu!

Weaknesses:
    » softhearted
    » sort of gullible
    » easily flustered
    » ...alcoholic

Starting location:
    Crammed in a gun cabinet. There were no actual weapons in there, much to his dismay, but it was still a cruel stab at his height, which is what he's most disgruntled about over everything else.

Sample RP post:
    The first thing to run through his mind as his dry eyes slowly cracked open was 'Jumala, what a hangover'-- his head throbbed painfully, and there was a stiffness all over his body that would have better suited a corpse.
    The second thing was the heavy scent of pine around him, and in his daze he concluded that he must have passed out in the woods again, perhaps even stuffed himself inside the trunk of a tree by the cramped position he was in.
    But slowly, surely, as he attempted to roll over and out in a groggy stupor, it occurred to him that trees didn't have doors. So the only logical explanation was he'd been thrown in a closet of some sort-- he was used to this as well.

With a groan, Tino managed to pull himself to his feet somehow, balancing himself with his hands against the tiny walls before groping around for the door. When it wouldn't budge, he frowned and started to pound on it.
    "Ee~stiii~," the Finn whined, simultaneously shoving against the door with his right side as he knocked. "I know you're embarrassed of me, but this is a bit much. Or was it you, Norja? Tanska?"

The more names he guessed, the heavier the silence seemed, until whatever had been barracading his way out came loose and he found himself sprawling on the floor, winded and scraping his hands up. He glanced around-- nobody that he knew of, or whose house he frequented, anyway, owned a hunting room, or at least that was what the place looked like. There were no weapons, but he'd clearly just burst out of a gun cabinet, and he was less than pleased.

"...I should quit drinking..." he mumbled, rubbing the back of his head. Then, a third and terrifying thought crossed his mind-- he could remember most of last night up until it had gone black, and no alcohol had been involved.
    In a mild panic, the Finn went from his knees to his toes as he quickly sprinted out the open doorway, and navigated around the eerily empty house. There wasn't a single life that he could see, not even looking out the windows. Empty. This had to be some sort of cruel joke.

The moment he'd been about to leave, fingers digging tightly into his hair in stress, he heard a faint thumping noise from the floor above him-- part of him insisted he should leave now, but the other part was too curious to ignore it, and so he ascended the stairs, feeling around his pockets for his emergency knife.

Other Important Information:
    He absolutely hates loud noises, and actually has an irrational fear of thunderstorms-- he makes himself as scarce as possible during them so no one knows. It's probably the only physical thing he's scared of.

The Player//

Name: I mostly go by Vannah, but you can call me whatever you want~

Timezone: Eastern

MSN/AIM:
    AIM = techniocular
    MSN = rakkaus-suomi@live.com or h34d1st4h4l0s@hotmail.com, I'm always on both

About yourself:
    I actually hate talking about myself. ;ω;'' So I guess if there's anything you absolutely need to know, ask and I'll answer. Also, I'm reeeally shy, so if I seem quiet I'm not being rude at all-- I just don't know what to say. 8C

Did you read the rules?:
    Yes~! I actually like all colors, but my favorite is any shade of blue~ <3
Back to top Go down
Feliciano Vargas
Admin
Feliciano Vargas

Tino Väinämöinen // Finland [Accepted] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tino Väinämöinen // Finland [Accepted]   Tino Väinämöinen // Finland [Accepted] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:10 pm

I love your appearance description~! You know I love you, so you are accepted! Feel free to start posting!
Back to top Go down
http://teamrocket.deviantart.com

Tino Väinämöinen // Finland [Accepted]
Page 1 of 1