Hidden Monsters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

China Application -resubmit-

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Temmpyyy

China Application -resubmit- Empty
PostSubject: China Application -resubmit-   China Application -resubmit- Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 1:27 am

ene;;; Really sorry about the first one if it troubled anyone. I'm here to try again if no one minds. c:

The Character
Name: Yao Wang
Nation: China

Appearance:
(does not know how to put pictures; I'm very sorry)

China often ties his long dark brown (or either black) hair in a low ponytail, or one single odango bun style with a ponytail trailing after it. (which is not often, actually) He has an interest in wearing military outfits and his nation's traditional clothes, and that's probably why he often wears the chinese red guard/communist uniform; colored dark green included with a red armband with a single white star on it. Other things he can maybe wear in public is a green mandarin jacket with yellow pants, or a red one with white pants. Rarely, he wears a male cheongsam, chinese kimono, or any other imperial style clothes. The reason why is because although he likes tradition, he likes to fit in, and no one really wears those clothes anymore. Other than that, they make him look like a girl and they are usually very long. No one likes to trip over clothes, now do they? Has brown eyes, (but can also be depicted as black) and is only 5'5. (169 cm, only about an inch taller than Japan, I presume) Another thing is that he has a long, diagonal scar on his back from when Kiku attacked him. Has a panda birthmark that's quite lower down his body. Suprisingly, even though he is 4000 years old, he doesn't really look like an old person. (I don't know how he does that; maybe a crapload of anti-aging cream or moisturizer pfff /brick'd) Rarely EVER dresses casually. (I mean, RARELY ffff) Sometimes is shown with a dragon tattoo in different illustrations. Oh, a fun fact: in earlier designs, Yao was supposed to have glasses with his hair down (or short) and was supposed to be like...the asian Estonia. Yeah...haha...

(I hope that's alright...)

Personality: Apparently, he's one of the oldest nations. Yao is known to be very, very superstitiuos, and also very religious. Tries too hard to be like an older brother to the other asian nations, but they treat him like a grandpa instead of an older brother. He can either end his sentences with '-aru' (japanese stereotype), '-aiya', or '-ahen' (in reference to the Opium Wars when talking to England.) His best friend ever is a creepy, stalker-ish old chubby man in a 'Shinatty' costume; which is supposed to be a Hello Kitty ripoff. Yao loves food, and if something he eats does not appeal to his taste, he nags about how 'weird and unrefined' the flavor is. When late for world meetings or any other conference, he always explains how he was eating (or something food related) prevented him from attending. He almost always puts food as his number one priority. Also, he has a fetish for anything cute in general. Mainly cartoon/anime characters and pandas. (often carries around a basket on his back with a panda inside it) He is also quite artistic, what with his ability to draw beautiful people and drawing strands of hair on paper with utmost detail. Poor thing can't draw all around, though. His anime drawings aren't as skilled as Korea's or Japan's. He dislikes the fact that the world has modernized faster than he has; even though he's the oldest. Even though mostly cheerful, Yao can become irritated and snap; mainly because of Korea. He also isn't the biggest fan of foreign relations, (trading, invasions, etc.) despite the fact that he's a popular tourist destination. Dislikes Korea to the extent that everytime he shows up, Yao either hits him with a wok or runs away.

(I hope that's alright also...)

Strengths:
-Since he's a big nation, he probably has the world's biggest army (maybe about 1 billion soldiers)
-As stated previously, he has skill when it comes to drawing realism
-Created about 8 dynasties with a powerful stronghold (there's 10 dynasties actually, but the last two were not chinese)
-Is an excellent cook when it comes to his native cuisine
-The Great Wall is one of his strongest defenses
-Excells at calligraphy, combat, and manufacturing things
-Can hit people with a wok pretty hard.
-invented the compass, fireworks, printing, stamps, tea, and lots of things that will not be named due to the mass
-is good at building tall things and things that are built on high places that defy gravity (like the sides of cliffs)

Weaknesses:
-He is pretty nervous around Russia; since he is stalked by him and is constantly getting invaded by him
-As said before, he hates the fact that the world has modernized more rapidly than he has
-Korea; since he is constantly annoyed by him claming others' work and saying that everything originated in Korea, and the fact that Korea is always telling him and Japan to call him the older brother.
-Can't draw anime at all
-Japan; ever since WWII when Kiku attacked him and left a scar on his back; they had now since become enemies, and Yao is always stating that 'war has changed his younger brother'.
-Tends to be melancholy when talking about war, or anything else that has ravaged his nation
-his nation has so many different climates, it is hard for visitors to adjust to them, and that makes him feel a little bit sorry

Starting location: confined in an old house trying to search for food and a way out

Sample RP post:
"It's...dark. Aru." Yao murmured to himself. He once again scanned his surroundings to see if there was anyone else stuck inside the house with him. "Aiyah, there's no one else here...and there better be not anyone else, aru." Yao sat back down again and grabbed his knees toward his chest. "Eh, I gotta look around some more; I'm getting hungry, aru. Hopefully there's food around here." Once more, he stood up and placed his hands on the wall. "There has to be a light switch here, aru. I don't think this house is that old."

flick

"Ah, here it is, aru!" Yao said happily. "Uh, now I have to look for food. Aru." he exclamied bluntly as he realized he had to actually search for it. "What if there's no food? What if there is food but it might taste bad? Aiyah, what a dilemma, aru..." the man shook his head. "Heeeh, I'm starting to get hungry...where's the kitchen, aru?" Yao asked himself. "Oh wait a minute aru...couldn't I just bust down the door and get out of here and go buy some food?" he thought. "...I should've done that a long time ago, aru."

And so he left to use martial arts on the door.

(ffff forgive me, I'm new to roleplaying in this style...)

Other Important Information: I think he has really girly hands. (okay, that wasn't important but I just felt like saying that) I think he invented math, too...

The Player
Name: Tempy
Timezone: (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
MSN/AIM: I'm really sorry, I don't have one. ene||
About yourself: Warning: This user is prone to spontaneous outbursts of chanspeak, is an ABUSOR OF CAPS, apologizes too much and forgets way too easily.
Did you read the rules?: Yes. MY FAVORITE COLOR IS...UHH...olive green. :U Desu.

(If there was anything wrong with this post or if there were any flaws in the text, I apologize.)
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Gilbert Beilschmidt

PostSubject: Re: China Application -resubmit-   China Application -resubmit- Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:07 am

This is better, Tempy. Unfortunately, there is still a little tweaking needed before we can accept you.

First, the strengths and weaknesses. Those are more for China personally, like how he is old or inflexible or something.

Second, your RP sample needs a bit of fixing. It is rather short and there is not much information there besides him talking or thinking. Also, please try to limit his 'aru's to at least only once every three sentences.

For future note, (You don't have to change this in the application) please try not to be so conversational in your descriptions.

With that said, you have two days to resubmit this application. I know you can do it, you've impressed me so far!~

Back to top Go down
http://crazyflyilngtoast.deviantart.com
Feliciano Vargas
Admin
Feliciano Vargas

PostSubject: Re: China Application -resubmit-   China Application -resubmit- Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:11 am

It has been two days since Gilbert talked to you, and no changes were made, so your time is up. I am sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://teamrocket.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: China Application -resubmit-   China Application -resubmit- Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

China Application -resubmit-
Page 1 of 1